Lunch in Huntingdon can be a bit tricky, some places are not formal enough, some are too formal or expensive, some very quiet over lunchtime, some pubs do a bit of bar food, there is Starbucks, Pizza Express and other national chains but if you are looking for a nice place to enjoy lunch in Huntingdon with friends, family, colleagues or clients we don’t think you can beat The Exhibition.
We have bar, restaurant and outside areas to choose from, a special lunch menu with options from a full three course affair to a light bight or salad.
If you’d like to book a table please call us on 01480 459134.
Searching for a pub on the internet can be a tricky thing…
- You need the right location – The Exhibition Pub is in the small town of Godmanchester, close to Huntingdon and close to the A1, A14, A428 & A1198. We are 20 minutes from Cambridge, Bedford & Peterborough.
- Is our food any good – Of course, we would say YES but so do our customers. We have great reviews on TripAdvisor – click here to read them
- Is it a nice pub – We have something for everyone, a nice bar, a seperate restaurant and a great garden so you can eat where ever you feel comfortable. To see some photos of The Exhibition Pub – click here
- What about parking, smoking, the kids and the dog? We have a large car park at the back of the pub and a covered & heated smoking shelter, we are children friendly and dogs are welcome in the bar & garden.
- What next? Call us on 01480 459134 and book?
Are you looking for Eating Pubs in Huntingdonshire? The Exhibition in Godmanchester is currently ranked number one on TripAdvisor in Huntingdon. Here you can eat in the bar or restaurant at lunchtime or dinner time.
At present we are ranked just above The Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon, The Crown Inn at Broughton and The Pheasant Inn in Keyston. Some great competition all offering different styles at different prices. We firmly believe that at The Exhibition we offer great food and good value combined.
Come and give us a try?
Here are some of the reviews we have received:
- The food is excellent with a choice of fresh seasonal local produce in the restaurant cooked with flair and consideration of any food intolerances. The best burgers and pizza I’ve ever had in the bar and the cheesy chips always hit the spot! Fantastic range of wines with something for everyone. Guest Real Ale goes down well, sometimes a barrel in a night!! The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly staff and regulars alike. Regular live music nights add to the atmosphere as do the family fun days. So to conclude, something for everyone.
- Only booked the day before at the last minute so table was for 1.45. We arrived around 1 to sit, drink and chat. Comfortable sofas and lively pub atmosphere. Other diners were obviously faster than expected as we were given menus to choose from and soon guided to our table well before 1.30. The food was well cooked, nicely presented and the service perfect. The sticky toffee pudding was gorgeous. It will take some additional exercise to ease away the calories. Pub grub at it’s best.
- We often go to this lovely pub as we are close to it. The place is an excellent relaxed pub with a nice atmosphere and tolerant to kids? The restaurant is a separate area for those special occasions and serves lovely food well presented with good portions. The bar area has a separate menu with pizzas available and can honestly say they are the best I have had anywhere . You can also take away the pizzas and have a sneaky pint while you are waiting. I can’t rate this place high enough an excellent team very friendly.
Heading North or South on the A1?
Looking for a restaurant or pub lunch?
Nice place to stop near the A1?
Between Peterborough & Biggleswade on the A1 is the small town of Huntingdon on the river Ouse and if you are looking for a pitstop whilst travelling up or down the A1 then The Exhibition Pub & Restaurant is a perfect place to stop. We are just minutes from the A1 & A14 interchange and are family & dog friendly.
From the A1 follow signs for the A14 towards Cambridge and exit at Godmanchester. Our postcode for Sat Nav is PE29 2HZ.
At Brampton on the A1 is a service stop with a Brewers Fayre Restaurant, McDonalds and a BP petrol station but if you are looking for something more different then we are definatley worth the five minutes drive to find us. We have ample parking at the rear, we are open all day, there is an enclosed garden for the kids & dog to run around in and the food is great.
To see our restaurant menus click here.
For some more information about restaurants in Huntingdonshire click here.
Huntingdonshire is a historic county in England covering the area around Huntingdon, St Ives, Godmanchester, St Neots and Ramsey. Between 1889 and 1965 it additionally formed an administrative county. Since 1974 it has been administered as a district within county of Cambridgeshire.
Locals now tend to refer to Huntingdonshire as the general area surrounding Huntingdon to the west of Cambridgeshire to the Bedfordshire & Northamptonshire borders. There are many suburbs and villages including Hartford, Houghton, Wyton, Brampton, Buckden, the Offords, the Hemingfords, the Paxtons, Eynesbury, Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford, Southoe, Hail Weston and Sawtry. Nearly all of the these places have a pub & restaurant and you’d be unlucky not to find a good one.
There are some fabulous restaurants within the Huntingdonshire District, many gastro pubs and lots of take away restaurants. We had a look at the reviews on TripAdvisor to see how they all rank, to read more about click here.
The Exhibition Pub & Restaurant is located in Godmanchester, two miles from Huntingdon. For more information on how to find us click here.
There are a few pubs now in and around Huntingdon with open fires. They seem to have come back in fashion.
At The Exhibition in Godmanchester, 2 miles from Huntingdon we have an open fire as soon as the temperature drops and the nights draw in. It is a great focal point in our bar area.
The Old Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon often have their fire going as does The Mill at Brampton. There is a small fire in the bar at The Axe & Compass in Hemingford and The Pheasant out at Keyston has open fires in a beautiful old thatched pub.
To find The Exhibition use our postcode PE29 2HZ or have a look at the map below:
View Larger Map