Searching for places to eat around Huntingdon?
In Huntingdon there are the usual High Street places to eat like Pizza Express, the local curry house or a hotel. There are also several High Street pubs that serve food but in our opinion some of the best places to eat around Huntingdon are out of the town itself.
The photo above is taken near to the Old Mill at Brampton which is just passed Huntingdon train station on your way to Brampton, not only is this a great place to eat close to Huntingdon it is also on the River.
Driving the other way from Huntingdon, over the river bridge into Godmanchester you can turn right at the roundabout, follow the Causeway along the river then follow the road passed the butchers and end up here at The Exhibition.
Other places we’d recommend to eat around Huntingdon include The Pheasant at Keyston, owned by the same group that own The Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon but a thatched pub set in a very pretty village. You could also try The Bell at Stilton, half way up the A1 between Huntingdon & Peterborough.
Searching for a pub on the internet can be a tricky thing…
- You need the right location – The Exhibition Pub is in the small town of Godmanchester, close to Huntingdon and close to the A1, A14, A428 & A1198. We are 20 minutes from Cambridge, Bedford & Peterborough.
- Is our food any good – Of course, we would say YES but so do our customers. We have great reviews on TripAdvisor – click here to read them
- Is it a nice pub – We have something for everyone, a nice bar, a seperate restaurant and a great garden so you can eat where ever you feel comfortable. To see some photos of The Exhibition Pub – click here
- What about parking, smoking, the kids and the dog? We have a large car park at the back of the pub and a covered & heated smoking shelter, we are children friendly and dogs are welcome in the bar & garden.
- What next? Call us on 01480 459134 and book?
Are you looking for Eating Pubs in Huntingdonshire? The Exhibition in Godmanchester is currently ranked number one on TripAdvisor in Huntingdon. Here you can eat in the bar or restaurant at lunchtime or dinner time.
At present we are ranked just above The Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon, The Crown Inn at Broughton and The Pheasant Inn in Keyston. Some great competition all offering different styles at different prices. We firmly believe that at The Exhibition we offer great food and good value combined.
Come and give us a try?
Here are some of the reviews we have received:
- The food is excellent with a choice of fresh seasonal local produce in the restaurant cooked with flair and consideration of any food intolerances. The best burgers and pizza I’ve ever had in the bar and the cheesy chips always hit the spot! Fantastic range of wines with something for everyone. Guest Real Ale goes down well, sometimes a barrel in a night!! The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly staff and regulars alike. Regular live music nights add to the atmosphere as do the family fun days. So to conclude, something for everyone.
- Only booked the day before at the last minute so table was for 1.45. We arrived around 1 to sit, drink and chat. Comfortable sofas and lively pub atmosphere. Other diners were obviously faster than expected as we were given menus to choose from and soon guided to our table well before 1.30. The food was well cooked, nicely presented and the service perfect. The sticky toffee pudding was gorgeous. It will take some additional exercise to ease away the calories. Pub grub at it’s best.
- We often go to this lovely pub as we are close to it. The place is an excellent relaxed pub with a nice atmosphere and tolerant to kids? The restaurant is a separate area for those special occasions and serves lovely food well presented with good portions. The bar area has a separate menu with pizzas available and can honestly say they are the best I have had anywhere . You can also take away the pizzas and have a sneaky pint while you are waiting. I can’t rate this place high enough an excellent team very friendly.
Heading North or South on the A1?
Looking for a restaurant or pub lunch?
Nice place to stop near the A1?
Between Peterborough & Biggleswade on the A1 is the small town of Huntingdon on the river Ouse and if you are looking for a pitstop whilst travelling up or down the A1 then The Exhibition Pub & Restaurant is a perfect place to stop. We are just minutes from the A1 & A14 interchange and are family & dog friendly.
From the A1 follow signs for the A14 towards Cambridge and exit at Godmanchester. Our postcode for Sat Nav is PE29 2HZ.
At Brampton on the A1 is a service stop with a Brewers Fayre Restaurant, McDonalds and a BP petrol station but if you are looking for something more different then we are definatley worth the five minutes drive to find us. We have ample parking at the rear, we are open all day, there is an enclosed garden for the kids & dog to run around in and the food is great.
Searching Google for a restaurant, pub or nice bar near Papworth then The Exhibition on London Road is just the place. From Papworth you could head towards Cambridge/Cambourne, towards St. Ives or North towards Godmanchester & Huntingdon.
Godmanchester is near Papworth village & Papworth Hospital. From Papworth travel north along the A1198 towards the A14 and Huntingdon. Just past Wood Green animal shelter you’ll find a turning on your left into Godmanchester and if you follow this road down, past the school you’ll find The Exhibition Pub, Bar & Restaurant on your right hand side.
We are open every day from 11:30am until midnight and serve lunch from midday – 2:3opm and dinner from 6:30pm to 9pm. We have a great selection of soft drinks, teas & coffee in addition to a fully stocked bar with real ales.
To see our restaurant menus click here.
For some more information about restaurants in Huntingdonshire click here.
Huntingdonshire is a historic county in England covering the area around Huntingdon, St Ives, Godmanchester, St Neots and Ramsey. Between 1889 and 1965 it additionally formed an administrative county. Since 1974 it has been administered as a district within county of Cambridgeshire.
Locals now tend to refer to Huntingdonshire as the general area surrounding Huntingdon to the west of Cambridgeshire to the Bedfordshire & Northamptonshire borders. There are many suburbs and villages including Hartford, Houghton, Wyton, Brampton, Buckden, the Offords, the Hemingfords, the Paxtons, Eynesbury, Eaton Socon, Eaton Ford, Southoe, Hail Weston and Sawtry. Nearly all of the these places have a pub & restaurant and you’d be unlucky not to find a good one.
There are some fabulous restaurants within the Huntingdonshire District, many gastro pubs and lots of take away restaurants. We had a look at the reviews on TripAdvisor to see how they all rank, to read more about click here.
The Exhibition Pub & Restaurant is located in Godmanchester, two miles from Huntingdon. For more information on how to find us click here.