Lunch in Huntingdon can be a bit tricky, some places are not formal enough, some are too formal or expensive, some very quiet over lunchtime, some pubs do a bit of bar food, there is Starbucks, Pizza Express and other national chains but if you are looking for a nice place to enjoy lunch in Huntingdon with friends, family, colleagues or clients we don’t think you can beat The Exhibition.
We have bar, restaurant and outside areas to choose from, a special lunch menu with options from a full three course affair to a light bight or salad.
If you’d like to book a table please call us on 01480 459134.
The Exhibition Pub & Restaurant in located on London Road, Godmanchester, Huntingdon, Cambs. PE29 2HZ
The short drive from Huntingdon town centre or Huntingdon ring road is well worth it to visit us. From the ring road take the exit at The Bridge Hotel over the river from Huntingdon into Godmanchester, drive past The Black Bull pub and at the round a bout turn right along The Causeway, past the Indian restaurant and The Royal Oak pub, the butchers, round the left hand bend and you’ll find us on the next bend.
Searching for places to eat around Huntingdon?
In Huntingdon there are the usual High Street places to eat like Pizza Express, the local curry house or a hotel. There are also several High Street pubs that serve food but in our opinion some of the best places to eat around Huntingdon are out of the town itself.
The photo above is taken near to the Old Mill at Brampton which is just passed Huntingdon train station on your way to Brampton, not only is this a great place to eat close to Huntingdon it is also on the River.
Driving the other way from Huntingdon, over the river bridge into Godmanchester you can turn right at the roundabout, follow the Causeway along the river then follow the road passed the butchers and end up here at The Exhibition.
Other places we’d recommend to eat around Huntingdon include The Pheasant at Keyston, owned by the same group that own The Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon but a thatched pub set in a very pretty village. You could also try The Bell at Stilton, half way up the A1 between Huntingdon & Peterborough.
Searching for a pub on the internet can be a tricky thing…
- You need the right location – The Exhibition Pub is in the small town of Godmanchester, close to Huntingdon and close to the A1, A14, A428 & A1198. We are 20 minutes from Cambridge, Bedford & Peterborough.
- Is our food any good – Of course, we would say YES but so do our customers. We have great reviews on TripAdvisor – click here to read them
- Is it a nice pub – We have something for everyone, a nice bar, a seperate restaurant and a great garden so you can eat where ever you feel comfortable. To see some photos of The Exhibition Pub – click here
- What about parking, smoking, the kids and the dog? We have a large car park at the back of the pub and a covered & heated smoking shelter, we are children friendly and dogs are welcome in the bar & garden.
- What next? Call us on 01480 459134 and book?
We have new flyers in the pub and restaurant that give you details of all of the events going on this summer at The Exhibition. You can steal one next time your are here or download & print your very own by clicking here
Are you looking for Eating Pubs in Huntingdonshire? The Exhibition in Godmanchester is currently ranked number one on TripAdvisor in Huntingdon. Here you can eat in the bar or restaurant at lunchtime or dinner time.
At present we are ranked just above The Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon, The Crown Inn at Broughton and The Pheasant Inn in Keyston. Some great competition all offering different styles at different prices. We firmly believe that at The Exhibition we offer great food and good value combined.
Come and give us a try?
Here are some of the reviews we have received:
- The food is excellent with a choice of fresh seasonal local produce in the restaurant cooked with flair and consideration of any food intolerances. The best burgers and pizza I’ve ever had in the bar and the cheesy chips always hit the spot! Fantastic range of wines with something for everyone. Guest Real Ale goes down well, sometimes a barrel in a night!! The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly staff and regulars alike. Regular live music nights add to the atmosphere as do the family fun days. So to conclude, something for everyone.
- Only booked the day before at the last minute so table was for 1.45. We arrived around 1 to sit, drink and chat. Comfortable sofas and lively pub atmosphere. Other diners were obviously faster than expected as we were given menus to choose from and soon guided to our table well before 1.30. The food was well cooked, nicely presented and the service perfect. The sticky toffee pudding was gorgeous. It will take some additional exercise to ease away the calories. Pub grub at it’s best.
- We often go to this lovely pub as we are close to it. The place is an excellent relaxed pub with a nice atmosphere and tolerant to kids? The restaurant is a separate area for those special occasions and serves lovely food well presented with good portions. The bar area has a separate menu with pizzas available and can honestly say they are the best I have had anywhere . You can also take away the pizzas and have a sneaky pint while you are waiting. I can’t rate this place high enough an excellent team very friendly.